POLLOK'S MARKET AND DELI
Proudly Family Owned and Operated Since
Sausage Making is a Family Passion
In 1854 Marcian and Mary Pollok came to America from the upper Silesian area of Poland along with 100 other families. They came seeking political freedom and a better way of life, because at that time Poland was divided between Prussia, Russia and Austria. Along with all his "worldly possessions", Marcian brought with him a recipe for "POLSKI KIELBASA" (Polish Sausage). Marcian would use the recipe to make enough sausage for his family and friends.
In the 1920's and 30's Marcian's son, Alex Pollok then used the recipe to carry on the tradition and make sausage for his family, friends and now to sell in his "Butcher Shop." He also sold a variety of cuts of meats, but that was limited since there was no refrigeration during that time period. Production was limited to only what would be used in a short period of time.
The recipe then passed on to Alex's son, Ray Pollok, who in the late 1940's began making the sausage on a bigger level. Ray and his wife, Mary K., then started a wholesale route in the early 1950's that took the sausage to neighboring towns south of Falls City. The demand for the sausage grew and production increased to a whopping 200 pounds a week.
In the 1970's all three of Ray and Mary K's children; Alex, Patsy and Leslie joined the business and everyone helped produce the sausage. Another wholesale route was added and production increased to 1800 pounds a week.
GET IN TOUCH
207 W Front St, Falls City, TX 78113, USA